Leaders for Tomorrow
Today’s high school students are tomorrow’s Jewish leaders. In Fall of 2021, AJC will convene its second Leaders For Tomorrow (LFT) program in Detroit, which empowers young Jews to speak up for Israel and the Jewish people.
AJC’s unique cohort experience helps high school students develop a strong Jewish identity, trains them as advocates for Israel, and to be voices against antisemitism. LFT gives students the tools to talk about the issues impacting world Jewry today, and the confidence to stand up for these issues in college and throughout their lives, no matter how difficult the situation.
With focus on education, advocacy training, and action, the program will consist of seven monthly sessions over the 2021-2022 school year. The LFT experience also will include a trip to Washington D.C. to join the 12 other LFT cohorts nationwide for AJC’s LFT Advocacy Day. The cost of this trip is fully covered by AJC.*
This program is open to students in their sophomore and junior years. Applications for the 2021-2022 LFT program are now open. Applications are due by July 15, 2021 and students will be accepted on a rolling basis. Please contact Hannah Goodman at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Tentative 2021-2022 LFT Session Schedule (additional, highly-recommended, but not required, opportunities may arise throughout the year)
- October 17, 2021- Parent/Student Orientation
- November 7, 2021 – Session 1
- December 5, 2021 – Session 2
- January 16, 2022 – Session 3
- February 13, 2022 – Session 4
- March 13, 2022 – Session 5
- April 10, 2022 -Session 6
- May 8, 2022 – Session 7
*Please note that this year’s trip to Washington D.C. will be contingent on current public health recommendations and travel restrictions in light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
ACCESS Detroit, JCRC/AJC’s young professional division, empowers Jewish leaders in their 20s and 30s to advocate on behalf of critical domestic and global issues facing the Jewish community:
- Combating antisemitism at home and abroad
- Advocating for Israel’s legitimate place in the world
- Promoting pluralism and democratic values
What we do:
ACCESS leaders move the needle on what really matters and shape the dialogue on global Jewish advocacy. When you join ACCESS you will:
- Engage in strategic diplomatic outreach to diplomats, civic leaders, elected officials, and influencers
- Build relationships with intergroup and interreligious partners in Detroit and around the globe
- Travel the world on exclusive ACCESS advocacy missions
- Develop life-long leadership skills
For more information on Young Leadership at JCRC/AJC contact Hannah Goodman at email@example.com