JCRC/AJC is the media’s key link to the Detroit Jewish community, serving as the primary resource for print, broadcast and online outlets on topics relating to Israel, Judaism and the local community.
Providing a Jewish perspective on events and opinions expressed in the media, JCRC/AJC:
- Acts as the community’s clearinghouse for media on Israel and major stories that impact the Jewish community
- Proactively provides resources, story ideas and spokespersons on Israel, Jewish Detroit and a broad range of Jewish interests.
- Produces news releases and coordinates media coverage on important community stories, events and issues
- Drafts and places opinion pieces in Detroit newspapers
- Monitors news outlets in order to ensure fair and accurate coverage and supportive editorial positions
- Meets routinely with top news editors, columnists, reporters and editorial boards to discuss Middle East coverage and Jewish priorities, and to stimulate stories on events and programs
- Coordinates briefings for media professionals with visiting Israeli dignitaries, journalists and scholars, providing access to Israel’s reality and perspective
- Provides local media outlets with press kits on the Jewish holidays and practices
For any media-related questions, contact Assistant Director Lauren Herrin at 248-642-2641.